BELMONT, Calif., Sept. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Notre Dame de Namur University (NDNU) was ranked by U.S. News & World Report in their annual listing of Best Regional Universities West; and Best Value Schools, Regional Universities West. NDNU moved up two places this year in the Best Value Schools rankings.
"We're proud that our university was recognized in this widely circulated listing of institutions of higher education as a Best Value institution," said President Judith Maxwell Greig.
Other recent rankings have highlighted NDNU's excellence in a number of categories:
- PayScale.com listed NDNU in the top 20% of colleges for graduates' earning potential.
- The Economist included NDNU in its first-ever ranking of best-value U.S. colleges.
- Money magazine listed NDNU among "the country's top values" in their Best Colleges for the Money.
- NDNU was ranked the #1 private college in Northern California for social mobility by CollegeNET.
- The campus was rated among the top ten most diverse in the United States by Best Value Schools.
- Niche.com placed NDNU in the top 20% in the U.S. in the categories of Best College Locations, Most Diverse, Safest College Campuses, and Best College Food.
- NDNU was listed as a College of Distinction, overall, for business, and among Catholic universities.
"These recent rankings and external recognition speak to the quality of the education that our university provides, making an impact on our student's ability to do good and do well," said Provost and Senior Vice President Hernan Bucheli.
Notre Dame de Namur University (NDNU) is a Catholic, not-for-profit, coeducational institution serving approximately 1,600 students from diverse backgrounds. Established in 1851 by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, NDNU is the third-oldest college in California and the first authorized to grant the baccalaureate degree to women. NDNU maintains a strong commitment to academic excellence, social justice, and community engagement. The university is fully accredited and offers a rich variety of undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and teacher credential programs. The historic campus is located on the San Francisco Peninsula in Silicon Valley. For more information, visit http://www.ndnu.edu
SOURCE Notre Dame de Namur University