Company Spotlight features video, webcasts, presentations and annual reports for more than 30,000 companies. Sign up to promote your company. ×
- John MacDougall, Trust Manager
- John graduated BA in Ancient & Modern History from Oxford University in 2000. John joined Baillie Gifford in 2000 and is an Investment Manager in the Global Discovery Team. John has been a CFA charterholder since 2003.
- Barry M Rose , Chairman
- Barry M Rose was appointed a Director in 1998 and became Chairman in 2009. He has wide experience of investing in international markets, including Japan. He was formerly a director of Scottish Provident Institution and was chief executive of Scottish Provident UK. He is currently a non-executive director of Aberdeen Smaller Companies High Income Trust plc, Optos plc and is chairman of Dimensional Imaging Ltd and the Scottish charity, Circle.
- P Francis Charig, Director
- Francis Charig was appointed a Director in 2005. He has considerable knowledge of the technology and financial sectors in Japan and is the founder and chief executive of Antix Labs Limited. He was named a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer in 2006. Francis is the former head of the Trading Systems Business Unit at the London Stock Exchange and was the chairman of the Open Contents Platform Association based in Tokyo.
- Iain A McLaren CA, Director
- Iain A McLaren was appointed a Director in 2009 and is Chairman of the Audit Committee. He has extensive experience of financial reporting, auditing, corporate governance and general management. He retired from KPMG in 2008 having been a partner for 27 years and was senior partner in Scotland from 1999 to 2004. He is currently senior independent director and chairman of the audit committee of Cairn Energy Plc. He is also chairman of Investors Capital Trust Plc, non-executive director of Edinburgh Dragon Trust plc and Ecofin Water & Power Opportunities plc and a director of a number of other companies.
- Simon CN Somerville, Director
- Simon CN Somerville was appointed a Director in 2010. He has over 20 years’ experience in Japanese and Asian equities. Having worked for over 14 years at Cazenove Fund Management, latterly as the head of Global Equities, he joined Jupiter Asset Management in 2005 where he is currently co-head of Asian equities.
- Merryn R Somerset Webb, Director
- Merryn R Somerset Webb was appointed a Director on 4 October 2011. She is the editor-in-chief of UK personal finance magazine MoneyWeek, writes for the Financial Times and is a radio and television commentator on financial matters. She has a strong interest in and knowledge of Japan, is a director of Montanaro European Smaller Companies Trust plc and a trustee of the Daiwa Anglo Japanese Foundation.